Deserted Graveyard Reads
What would you bring?
I’ve been trying to think of a way to showcase as many people within the horror genre as people. From authors, artists, directors and publishers to bloggers, reviewers and essentially anyone else that is working under the horror/darker genre umbrella.
I tentatively tweeted about a new feature on Kendall Reviews called Deserted Graveyard Reads. The response was overwhelming. So popular in fact, I’ve decided to create this post with all the relevant information and to address a couple of the questions that were asked.
Quite simply, you are now the warden of an old graveyard in the middle of nowhere. You are sent to work there alone for an undetermined period. To pass the time between tending to the graves you are allowed to bring eight books, one album and a luxury with you to help pass the time.
Before you head off you are asked to explain why you are bringing those items with you. And this is what the feature is all about.
I’d really like to get the point across as to WHY you chose that particular book, album and luxury. There’s no set word count, but I’d suggest a good 150-word paragraph on each title chosen.
I’m sure you’re familiar with the format as I’ve blatantly nicked this from Desert Island Discs but I felt this was a fantastic way to promote yourselves and the genres we love.
If you’d like to apply for the Warden job then please mail email@example.com
- Deserted Graveyard Reads will be a flexible bi-monthly feature.
- There isn’t a deadline, this will be an ongoing feature. If you do have a date you’d like the post to go live, then please let me know and I’ll see if I can schedule that for you.
- Your book choices should ideally, but not exclusively, be horror/darker genre
- I can add any relevant images on your behalf, but please feel free to send me any images you’d particularly like to be used.
- As well as your choices, could you also please send me your bio, photo, blog banner and any links you’d like promoted.
- If you’d like to take part then please confirm interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Any further questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.
Thank you for supporting Kendall Reviews.